Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Sweet and Tangy Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce

This has got to be the BEST Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce I've had (or made for that matter)
It's beyond simple and is completely done from start to finish in 30 minutes or less which makes this even better in my book.

Here is the cast of characters
This is one of those dump it all into a bowl, whisk it up, let it simmer and be done with it goodness. I literally did just that!
After it came to good simmer for about 5 minutes, I added about half a lemon
After the lemon, you stir it a couple times with a spoon and VIOLA!!! Delicious Carolina GOLD....
Make sure you have something yummy to put it. I'm jarring this up for a slow cooker boston butt pulled pork that I'm making tomorrow

Ingredients:

1 cup of yellow mustard
1 cup of apple cider vinegar (I like Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar - It just taste better to me)
4 tablespoons of honey (alternate recipes call for brown sugar, I prefer honey)
2 tablespoons of salted butter
2 teaspoons of pepper
2 teaspoons of salt or salt substitute
2 packs of soy sauce (I know there is only one pack in the picture but trust me you'll want 2)
2 tablespoons of Tabasco or your preferred hot sauce

Directions:

Place all ingredients in a sauce pan
Stir or Whisk until mixed well
Simmer about 5 minutes
Add 1/2 the juice of a lemon
Stir occasionally while simmering for 20-30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment